New Zealand eloping weddings and getting married
New Zealand weddings are perfectly designed for the best sightseeing and adventure holidays to include into your special day. New Zealand is made up of two major islands named the North Island and the South Island. I know… original right?!
In comparison New Zealand is approximately the same size as the United Kingdom and Italy but with far fewer people to get in your way. Driving here is a breeze and Auckland is the only area that is subject to congestion. New Zealand weddings are the most unique and relaxed wedding in the world.
Vineyard weddings in NZ
Very few countries can boast a geothermal wonderland and hot springs like New Zealand. It is also very well set up for the travelling tourist. We have a myriad of foods available from Chinese, Thai to Indian cuisine readily available at almost every town.
From the North to the South in New Zealand there is the perfect wine trail for everyone and cellar door experiences are nation wide. Almost every town will offer a range of wines from a all grape varieties to excite the taste buds.
New Zealand weddings and your holiday
NZ is surrounded by ocean so a variety of beaches and beautiful rugged coastlines full of aquatic animal are all through this fine land. Whale and dolphin tours are abundant with excellent success rates. You don’t have to go far from Auckland international airport to experience this. Top dive sites like the world renown Poor Knights Islands are rich throughout the country. Fishing and spearfishing is also available throughout specialising in big game and river fly fishing.
Adding some zing into your wedding elopement
At each major destination there is an abundance of adventure activities like caving, skydiving, zip lining, bungy jumping, white water rafting, jet-boating, heli-skiing to name just a few.
New Zealand’s has become home to world class courses and state of the art facilities so if golf is your thing, NZ is the place to come. Company this with top wines and 5 star accommodation and you have a fantastic holiday destination.
New Zealand is full of walking and tramping tracks to suit all levels of fitness. The North Islands famous Tongariro crossing will challenge you and inspire with dramatic views. In the South Island the Abel Tasman track weaves through bush and beautiful beaches. If trekking is your buzz then Fiordland’s famous Milford Track is a must do. This track offers vistas of mountain lakes, waterfalls and towering alpine peaks.
Sailing is our blood and if you aware of the Americas Cup racing you will know NZ sailers do extremely well. The Bay of Islands, Hauraki Gulf, and the Marlborough Sounds all offer sheltered harbours before opening out to larger cruising grounds should you want to incorporate a sailing trip into your wedding itinerary. Getting married on a yacht is definitely possibly.
The best time of the year to get married in New Zealand
The seasons in NZ are Spring in September until November. Summer is December through February and autumn (Fall) is March through to May. Our stunning winter is June to August and the best place to book your ski holiday in Queenstown. Why not get married while you are here?
Helpful hints on getting married in NZ
- Using us to book your wedding ensures the public holidays are in NZ are not going to affect your day and importantly to ensure availabilities during kiwis holiday seasons.
- English is the common and everyday language, few speak Maori but it’s almost never used.
- New Zealand voltage is 240 AC. Power outlets in hotel bathrooms generally only accept three or two pin plugs.
- Getting cash is easy and banks are open Monday to Friday 9am till 4pm, some longer. All major credit cards are widely accepted.
- GST (Goods and services Tax is standard on all purchases in New Zealand. The rate is 15%.
- All visitors to New Zealand must have a passport that is valid for at least three months after your departure from New Zealand.
- New Zealand’s unit of currency is the NZD. All major credit cards can be used in New Zealand with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club accepted widely.
- Tipping is completely optional in NZ, and staff do not depend on tips for income. That being said, it’s totally acceptable to reward good service and the tip you leave can depend entirely on your experience and generosity.
- New Zealand weddings really are picture perfect and great to incorporate into your elopement. We are more than happy to help create you a unique and bespoke wedding in NZ.